Postseason dates to be announced
Qualifying for the Section 1 playoffs takes into account ALL games played on a team’s schedule. Teams are ranked from highest Index to lowest in each classification. The formula:
Qualifying for the Section 1 playoffs takes into account ALL games played on a team’s schedule.
In softball, a team needs 32 points to qualify.
Points are obtained as follows:
1. Head-to-Head (if teams played same number of times)
2. Common opponent (if teams played same number of times)
3. Overall average of bonus points earned by the number of games played in Section 1 *
4. Winning percentage
5. Total number of wins (in Section)
6. Total number of wins against qualifying teams in your respective classification
7. Total number of wins against top 4 seeds in classification (or of those teams above you)
8. Random draw (1st team drawn)
When three or more teams are tied, the criteria above will be followed until the first tie is broken that separates a team from the top or bottom at which point the tie breaker system begins back at Criteria #1 for the remaining teams.