Everything you need to follow the Section 1 boys basketball season in 2019-20 is right here.
Follow KDJ on Twitter for latest updates.
Bracketology is powered by LocalLive Networks. Want to live-stream and record every event at your school? Visit LocalLive.tv/how to find out more.
Share Bracketology with your followers!Tweet
Team by Team Results
Potential Bonus Points
Section 1 Tournament
All classes, Feb. 15, 2020
Class B – Feb. 20, 2020
Class A – Feb. 21, 2020
Class AA, Feb. 22, 2020
Class B and C – Feb. 24, 2020
Class A – Feb. 26, 2020
Class AA – Feb. 28, 2020
Semifinals – at Westchester County Center
All classes – March 2-6
Championships – at Westchester County Center
All classes – March 7-8
HOW BRACKETOLOGY WORKS
Formula and Tiebreaker Information
- PLAYOFF CRITERIA
- The formula
- Note: Only games played against Section 1 teams will count towards seeding formula.
- Every victory counts as FOUR points, regardless of class
- Teams receive TWO bonus points for playing an opponent that finishes with a winning percentage of .750 and above by May 15 (regardless if they win or lose). Opponents Section 1 records will be counted.
- Teams receive ONE bonus point for playing an opponent that finishes with a winning percentage between .500-.750 by May 15 (regardless if they win or lose). Opponents Section 1 records will be counted.
- Once all points are tabulated, divide that sum by the total of games played against Section 1 opponents.
- Head to head
- Average bonus points (Bonus Pts/Sec 1 games played)
- Winning percentage
- Common opponent
- Committee decision
- Note: Ties are NOT broken in the above standings