Football: Section 1 Class AA playoff Bracketology
Section 1 football is employing the same bonus point system used in most sports for Class AA this season.
Follow Section 1 football Bracketology here on KDJBlog, powered by LocalLive. Want to live-stream and record every event at your school? Get LocalLive by visiting LocalLive.tv.
Section 1 Class AA Football
Scores/Schedule: Class AA
Class AA Team-by-Team Results
How Bracketology Works
Note: Only games played against Section 1 teams will count towards seeding formula.
– Every victory counts as FOUR points, regardless of class
– Teams receive TWO bonus points for playing an opponent that finishes with a winning percentage of .750 and above by the final day of the regular season (regardless if they win or lose). Opponents Section 1 records will be counted.
– Teams receive ONE bonus point for playing an opponent that finishes with a winning percentage between .500-.749 (regardless if they win or lose). Opponents Section 1 records will be counted.
– Once all points are tabulated, divide that sum by the total of games played against Section 1 opponents.
– Head to head
– Average bonus points (Bonus Pts divided by Sec 1 games played
– Winning percentage
– Common opponent
– Committee decision
Note: Ties are NOT broken in the above standings