Hockey Bracketology: Section 1 2018-19
The Section 1 ice hockey playoffs are right around the corner. Below is a look at the latest playoff standings using the seeding formula.
A new wrinkle this year applies weighted points based on leagues. The teams in League A receive an additional 1.000 added to their ratio and League B teams received 0.500 added. League C teams receive no weight added for seeding.
Here’s a look at the Division I and II standings based on scores listed in the chart at the bottom of the page. Stay tuned for more hockey Bracketology features, including projected brackets, team-by-team results breakdowns and more.
Note: Best if viewed on mobile device by turning sideways
2018-19 Section 1 Hockey Bracketology
Scores/Schedules: Section 1 Hockey
Formula and Tiebreaker Information
- PLAYOFF CRITERIA
- The formula
- Note: Only games played against Section 1 teams will count towards seeding formula.
- Every victory counts as FOUR points, regardless of class
- Every tie counts as TWO points, regardless of class
- Teams receive TWO bonus points for playing an opponent that finishes with a winning percentage of .750 and above by Feb 13 (regardless if they win or lose). Opponents Section 1 records will be counted.
- Teams receive ONE bonus point for playing an opponent that finishes with a winning percentage between .500-.750 by May 15 (regardless if they win or lose). Opponents Section 1 records will be counted.
- Once all points are tabulated, divide that sum by the total of games played against Section 1 opponents.
- Head to head
- Average bonus points (Bonus Pts/Sec 1 games played)
- Winning percentage
- Common opponent
- Committee decision
- Note: Ties are NOT broken in the above standings